Sunday, January 19, 2014

Parenting Alone

I admire single parents.  I do not know how they do it.  I have spent the past four days solo parenting and am exhausted.  I am ready for Roger to return, which he does this afternoon.

Parenting in general is hard work.  When Roger and I decided to try to have a child together, I knew it wouldn't be easy.  I had no idea.  The challenge of balancing my own identity with being Mom has confounded me.  I am  mom and wife and what else?  I work full time and am the IRB Coordinator, but even there, I am not me.  I am not even sure who "me" is anymore.  I realize the need to find out. 

But how do I do that?  I am not sure.  Once Roger is home again, I must try.

2 comments:

Happy Mama Main said...

I am trying to find me too. Exercise helps.

Happy Mama Main said...

I am trying to find me too. I hear ya.