Thursday, January 2, 2014

Being Positive

“Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.” - Mahatma Gandhi

 A friend began a blog today where she plans to explore the year being positive.  And though, that is not exactly my theme of gratitude for 2014, it fits.  One of the reasons I decided to work on grace/gratitude/graciousness, etc., is because often I think about the things I want and don't get and feel disappointed.  I realized that I needed to let go of the disappointment.  To do that, I feel being gracious about what I do have (which is by far more than I really need), will help shift my attitudes.  I hope this year is the start of a permanent change in the way that I think and feel.

I have must to be grateful for and I know that.  And do I really need a lot more?  Probably not.  And perhaps being more positive and mindful in what is right in my life, is exactly what I need!

No comments: