Saturday, July 20, 2013

Too Darn Hot

This heat wave has been long and obviously hot.  I am beyond happy that it is ending tonight.  I eagerly await the storms that are coming.  Next week the highs are in the 70s and we will probably feel cold, which is just fine with me.

I have the song by Florence + The Machine, Dog Days Are Over in my head and I wonder, does something like a heat wave make me think of every pun dealing with heat.  I posted to Facebook the song Heatwave by Marilyn Monroe and It's Gettin Hot in Herre by Nelly.  So maybe I'm not sharing puns, but song titles.  Which makes sense because I have been listening to so much more music lately.  I am loving the app Spotify.  I can make my own playlists out of many, many songs (though not all!).  It makes work days go quicker and makes me a happier person. 

We went with our neighbor friends to brunch at Cafe Ula and sat outside.  Luckily there was a nice breeze (it was already 90 at 10 a.m.).  I had some awesome sausage gravy and delicious biscuits.  We walked to the farmer's market for some local berries and beets.  I even bought some shallots on the stem; I can't wait to try them.

We are hunkered in the air conditioned apartment enjoying some fun family time.  We are all in good moods (perhaps our naps helped!) and enjoying each other.  Roger is making hamburgers and fries for dinner (yummy!). 

So, bring on the storms!  We need to cool off...chill.  And, tomorrow is a lovely Sunday...another day off (yeah!).

No comments: