Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Toddler Blog-19 Months!

Today, I am 19-months old.  Wow, I've been around for a long, long time.  I am an extremely happy little boy.  I love to run around all the time.  Just try and keep up! 

I am learning my ABC's and how to count.  I love reading books.  I have a few favorites, but any book will do.  I have been getting into the Hanukkah spirit this week.  I have a jumping Dreidel that is lots of fun to chase around the floor.  I can't wait for latkes and applesauce later during the holiday.  I know I am not Jewish, but it sure is a fun holiday.  And what a miracle for those Maccabees!  We all have fun celebrating different cultures.  I even brought my Hanukkah books to school to share in the fun!

One of my favorite things to do is to giggle and chase the cats!  I call both of our cats "Tessa" and chase them all around the living room.  I will even crawl under Mom and Dad's bed to chase them.  They usually are pretty good.  After a while, Mom or Dad will save the cats.  But, I just keep watching and waiting to go after them again!

School is awesome!  I have so many friends and teachers that love me.  They are always surprised at my language skills.  Yes, I have skills.  I say a lot of words...some of them people even understand.  I am learning "please" and "thank you" along with other words.  I know what a baby is (a doll) and how to say that I'm all done eating.  I ask to wash hands.  I will tell you when it is bedtime, too.  I can talk all day long, and I usually do!

I love to go to the gym and the playground and practice my running, jumping and climbing.  Luckily for Mom and Dad, I don't do too much of those things at home!  I think they are relieved.  I love to walk up the stairs like a big boy...I don't like to crawl anymore.

We are all getting ready to go on the airplane again for Minnesota for Christmas.  I can't wait to see my nieces and nephew, my sister and my cousins.  And I just bet those aunties will love me all up!  I get to see Grandma and Grandpa Schmid again.  I haven't seen Grandpa Skophammer for five months...I wonder if he'll know it is me?  It will be a joy to find out.

The past 19 months have been pretty great...I can't wait for the next 19 months (and way more!)!!   

No comments: