Saturday, November 26, 2011

Giving Thanks

This month on Facebook, I have been listing things I am thankful for every day. It is amazing to me how easy this has been. It has been challenging to decide what I should post out of the plethora of things I am thankful for. Even when days were not their best and stress had me down, I could easily list 10 things to put on my status, and not every one was about RT or even Roger. I find that when I am stressed or things are tough, listing things I am thankful for turn my mood around. It is much easier to block the stuff I wish were different out and just enjoy the things that are great! I may have to add as a personal goal to list things I am thankful for every day, whether in a journal, online or to Roger. It makes life better, well, at least my life.

Here are a few things that I am thankful for that I have not previously listed:

I am thankful for the joy of reading that Roger and I share and that we are already passing on to our son.

I am thankful for a reliable vehicle; I see so many people with car trouble and am thankful we don't have that concern.

I am thankful for all the Skophammers who have accepted me into their family and love me. We have a great deal of fun when we are together.

I am thankful that my parents live two miles away instead of several hours. It has been such a help to have Mom around to help with RT.

I am thankful for Fargo rush hour, which is a joke compared to that of a larger city.

I am thankful that RT has a sister who will always look out for him, no matter what.

I am thankful for any time I get to spend with my grandkids, no matter how little or how great.

I am thankful for music...lots and lots of music.

I am thankful for the stress in my life. It means that I am challenged and learning and am never bored!

and finally...

I am thankful that we have jobs that allow us to be fairly comfortable in our lives. Money may not be great, but there are many, many more people in far worse shape than us.

Happy Holiday Season everyone!

No comments: