Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Flood

Roger is on his way to Minot to assist my parents in preparing for the impending flood. Ugh! All reports show that Minot will flood and it will be catastrophic!

Roger and my parents are pulling up the beautiful hardwood floors, the carpet from the basement and making sure everything is out of the house, including appliances and stuff in the uppermost cupboards. My parents are wiped out. I feel so bad when I talk to them on the phone. I just can't imagine how they feel. I love their house, but it has never really been my home. It is their home, though, and they have put a lot of work into making it what they want. And, now they have to take it apart and pray it doesn't get totaled.

I have so many things that I am thankful for and hope that my parents keep in good spirits. It is only stuff, and at least everyone is safe. It is sad for me that so many of my friends' childhood homes may be lost. What a mess. Somedays, it is harder to find the joy in the day, but then I look at my son, and it is all right there.

Keep Minot in your good thoughts...my family thanks you!

No comments: