Monday, April 4, 2011

Baby Shower!

Thanks to Nikki and Mom, I had my first baby shower. It was so much fun. Nikki and Mom did a great job decorating with paper and my baby pictures (I sure was a cutie!). The cupcakes were beautiful and yummy. I wish I would have taken some pictures, but I forgot--again!

I picked up Aunt Karen and drove to St. Paul on Saturday. We were joined by my lovely three sisters-in-law, Nikki's best friends, and Elise and Cassie. The books were fun. Nikki has encouraged the start of a pretty good library for our little one. It was pretty special.

The games were fun, but the main event was opening the presents! Auntie Karen was equally as excited as I was to get going. I cannot believe how teeny, tiny, newborn clothing is. It was so cute. I find it hard to believe our little boy or girl will fit into those clothes! We received lots of clothes and stuff we need. I feel so prepared for this kid's arrival. There are always more things we need, but we're getting there.

My sister sewed a beautiful blanket, perfect for baby's tummy time. She did an amazing job. I also love the blanket Fran made...it is soft and cute. This baby is already spoiled, and I love it!

I had a great time showing everything to Roger last night. He seemed to especially like the Twins bib, hat and booties! He also loved the books. He read a few last night.

I realize just how lucky I am to have so many people love me and the baby they haven't even met. Sometimes, I am reminded of all the special people in my life, and I feel the joy and love they bring. Thank you, everyone who supports me (and the little pea!).

No comments: