Friday, April 15, 2011

All's Well

Roger and I spent a long day in Fargo yesterday. We had our 34 week ultrasound; the baby has grown some chubby cheeks. We met with the doula...I'm feeling pretty comfortable with our plans for the birth. I had a non-stress test for the baby--I must remember to have some chocolate milk before the appointment next time, as the baby did not want to move around and the test took twice as long as it should. I saw the Nurse Practitioner, our doctor was in surgery.

Besides the chubby cheeks, the baby is doing well. He or she is in the 62nd percentile and weighs 5 pounds 11 ounces. It is getting so real! It is likely that I'll deliver in week 39 rather than waiting the full 40 weeks. We will continue monitoring everything and just have to see!

Days like yesterday are very draining. I still have a leftover headache today. Otherwise I feel good. I haven't really bumped out too much so this girl or boy ends up under my ribs sometimes, and that is uncomfortable. But, I'm happy. I'm tired often, but that's normal. I have some mood swings, but they aren't as bad as I feared they would be.

I'm ready, though...ready to be a mom. It will happen soon enough!

No comments: