Saturday, February 26, 2011

Oscar Time!!

It may be cheesy, but I do so love the Academy Awards. I can't wait to see the dresses, the handsome men, the clips and even the stupid skits during the show. Every year I look forward to this one night.

I've seen quite a few nominated films. I have really enjoyed watching them...well, some of them weren't exactly enjoyable.

The Black Swan was a eerie look at a woman falling into madness. Natalie Portman was wonderful, as were the rest of the cast. It is most definitely NOT a movie about a ballet.

Winter's Bone was a dreary look at poverty in the Ozarks in Missouri. It left me feeling empty and sad. The cast was so believable!

Toy Story 3 was a complex animated film. It made me cry, thinking about children outgrowing their childhood, including their toys. It was a touching story of toys and families. I loved it.

The Kids Are All Right made me love Mark Ruffalo. Annette Benning was terrific, as was the beautiful Julianne Moore. It was a fun and interesting look at family--no matter what kind.

Inception was exciting and unusual. I loved the stylization of the dreams...and I loved the ending. Nothing beats an ambiguous ending.

We have The Social Network here. Maybe we'll see it before tomorrows awards, maybe not. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

We'll miss True Grit, The King's Speech, The Fighter and 127 Hours. I'd like to see the first two. I have no desire to see The Fighter and I just can't bring myself to watch 127 Hours (I remember the actual news story and was disturbed!). I'm feeling pretty good about what I've seen.

I won't be making any predictions, except Natalie Portman for Best Actress. I just hope it is a fun show, with a few surprises.

Happy Oscars, everyone!

No comments: