Saturday, February 5, 2011

Nasty Week

This past week was terrible. I am so glad it is Saturday! I have been fighting a cold since Monday. I've taken every OB-okayed medication and feel much better, but still have an icky cough. Roger and I were going to see a movie tonight, but I don't think it's a good idea with the cough.

I've had some interesting and sticky student issues to deal with at school. Usually, I go weeks with no real issues, but this week I had two. One involved a plastic snake--I am terrified of snakes. The other is a student who just took off; he didn't tell anyone he was leaving school and took his laptop to Illinois. Damn! I'm trying to get him to return the computer, but I will probably have to let the upper management take care of it.

I did buy some new sheets, though. I can't wait to try them out tonight! I also had two excellent presentations in class on Friday. And, my students really connected to the editorial about college and depression, which I was pleased with.

Roger, Tess and Cookie have been wonderful, as always. I really am lucky. I feel the baby move all day (and sometimes in the night) and I'm doing well. I'm moving into the third trimester soon. I've worn some maternity pants and am getting used to that.

I guess I shouldn't complain...but, I sure do hope next week is better!

No comments: