Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Big Game

It just does not feel like it is Super Bowl Sunday. I can't think of a year when I haven't been invited to or thrown a party. I miss the planning of the potluck, the betting on scores in the game and the hanging out with friends.

I miss Fran and Jim...so much. They used to host football game days and we'd have such a good time. Last year, Roger and I hosted the party. Mike, Jim, Fran, Dawn, Jennie, Pete and Jack all came over. We ate well and had good beer. It was fun. We didn't care about the game's outcome, just the camaraderie.

So, here it is, the big game day, and it doesn't feel right. It feels lonely.

I'll make pork for tacos and have some snacks. Roger will have a couple beers and I'll have root beer. We'll watch the game, the halftime show and the commercials. It's just not the same...

No comments: