Monday, February 7, 2011

Bitter Cold, the Sequel (and other movie madness)

It was so nice to go outside with a lighter jacket and see the pavement for a couple days. Alas, those couple of days are it for awhile. Fresh snow has covered the ground and the temperature has dropped. It was a brisk/cold walk to work this morning. At least it is light outside and I see the sun trying its best to get through the white sky. Ah, winter, how I tire of you more and more each day...

With the end of football season, Roger and I will be able to devote more time to movie watching, reading and keeping the apartment clean...we can hope. With his travel for work, the theater and my head cold, we let the apartment go to crap. We are slowly cleaning our way out of the mess. Okay, it wasn't that bad, but it is nice to have a clean(er) kitchen floor!

We are behind in laundry, which is interesting. We have enough clothes, but we are getting short on towels and stuff. I'm sure we will catch up this week. Our meals have been pretty haphazard. It works, but is not idea. We have much to work on.

But, for the first time since we've lived in North Dakota, we have some time. We aren't going on any overnight trips until the end of March. That means we have six weekends at home. I am thankful to not have to travel. Stopping every 20-40 minutes to use the bathroom is a pain, and there really is no comfortable position for a pregnant woman in a car for a long drive.

Roger and I are doing our best to screen as many Oscar movies as we can. It has been fun and unusual. So far, my favorite film is "The Black Swan" and Natalie Portman is my favorite for best actress. I really enjoyed Mark Ruffalo in "The Kids are Alright", but then I've always kind of liked his quirky style. I don't know if we'll get to see "True Grit" or "The Fighter" before the awards, but it really isn't all that important to me. It is just fun! We may have to see some stupid comedies in early March, just to shake off some of this dramatic heaviness. I do so love the Oscars. It's like an additional Super Bowl in my life.

So, on to work...there's always much to be done...

No comments: