Friday, December 3, 2010

Bad Day

Sometimes we all have bad days. Yesterday was a particularly bad day for me. It started at about 5 a.m. when I woke up with a migraine, which I've successfully avoided for months and months. I took some Tylenol and tried to get some more sleep. I couldn't sleep much more. I got out of bed and tried to get ready for office hours at school. The bathroom tilted and rocked...like I was on a boat. It was disturbing. I went back to bed. Roger made me some toast and I had some coffee and more Tylenol, then fell asleep.

I woke up later at 9 a.m. with a text message that stressed me out. I can manage stressors, but not with a migraine. I did what I needed to do, took a shower and proceeded to cry for about 20 minutes. I pulled myself together, made some CoCo Wheats and headed to school. I taught my English class...which was to facilitate their peer reviews, and went home. I dozed while watching some television...I cried a little more. The headache didn't go away. I was miserable.

This morning, I have just a hint of that headache left. I slept well last night and am ready to go. I wish I didn't have that bad day yesterday, but I did. I hate not being able to take Excedrin, but it is unsafe for the baby, so Tylenol is my only option.

One wonderful thing happened yesterday...I felt the baby move (I think). It felt like bubble popping in my abdomen...low. It was exciting!

On to better days...

No comments: