Sunday, November 28, 2010

Wonderful Holiday

Our Thanksgiving weekend is winding down. We have the Christmas music playing while we clean the apartment. We've been rearranging furniture in early preparation for our growing family.

Roger and I headed to Minot on Tuesday, a day earlier than expected, to beat the winter storm. Luckily the storm wasn't awful (at least in Minot), but I was still happy to not be on the road during the snow on Wednesday.

We cooked and ate and laughed all weekend. Nikki and Jon arrived on the train early Thanksgiving morning and we enjoyed a day with turkey and all the fixins...and Harry Potter 7, which we all loved. And we ate pies. It was a yummy day.

Friday, we hung out, I in my jammies most of the day. We headed to 10 North Main, Roger's favorite restaurant west of the Red River, to celebrate an early birthday for my dad. We had been downtown for the illumination and open houses and enjoyed an appetizer at Off the Vine before dinner. The guys had their share of libations! I couldn't partake, not that I'm complaining, but that Malbec looked so good!

Saturday morning, Roger and I got up and headed home. We stopped in Bismarck for breakfast. We were home nice and early. Tessa had Kyle visiting her over the holiday, so she wasn't too angry with us.

We cleaned a bit and watched college football and movies. Today has been spent with more cleaning and will have some football and perhaps a movie again tonight.

What a wonderful holiday! I hope everyone else had a nice one, too.

No comments: