Friday, July 3, 2009

Where I'm At

My thesis is revised, put into Chicago/Turabian style and printed for the Dean's office on Monday. I worked very hard, but will likely have to make some very small formatting changes over the next few weeks. I am excited to be at this point. No more content revisions....finally!

Roger and I started our vacation/holiday at 10:00 p.m. last night with a nice icy cold Sierra Nevada. We are headed to the beach today for a good day of swimming in the ocean, boogie boarding, people watching and reading. I am looking forward to a day with nothing to think about. We are headed in early. We have to feel Carl the Rottweiler and Tomcat the mutt cat one last time this evening. We are planning a low key evening of hot dogs, baked beans and chips while watching "The International" on our Blu-ray player. Then it's off to bed early.

We are planning a 5 a.m. wakeup to get on the road to Washington DC to meet my parents. Dad has been there for an educators meeting for a week and Mom joined him on Wednesday. We'll be spending the 4th of July hearing the Declaration of Independence read on the Capitol steps, a festival spanning the Mall and fireworks over the beautiful monuments. Sunday, we'll get up and head to the Nationals game. They are playing the Braves. We all will cheer nice and loud for the Nats, well except Mom whose voice is still almost gone from the family reunion last weekend. I am excited to spend the holiday in DC, and even more excited to spend it with my parents.

Monday I will turn my thesis in to the Dean. Then what? I'm not sure. I guess I will think about that next week!

Happy Holiday Weekend to All...be safe!

No comments: