Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oscar Time

My favorite time of the year is Oscar time. It is silly, but I was up at 8:30 watching the nominations. This is one of my worst years for being prepared. I have not seen any of the nominated films, or any of the acting nominations (not even Dark Knight!). This is not like me, but school has taken so much of my time that I have not been watching too many movies. I have seen a few of the nominees, such as WALL-E, Wanted, Defiance, Iron Man and In Bruges, but have many more to see. We will likely see Slumdog Millionaire next week when Roger finishes the book. I have ordered several films from Netflix. I know for a lot of people it is a waste of time to follow the Oscars so closely. I am still quite disappointed that I was flying home from Salt Lake City last year during the ceremony. I don't remember ever missing the awards since I became such a film fanatic. I'll watch again this year. Roger will be in the other room and pop in from time to time to see what is going on. I don't have any predictions or even idea who I want to win anything, except best animated film. WALL-E is one of the best movies I watched last year.

So sports fans have their Super Bowl, World Series and such (I enjoy those, too!), but my time is now...Oscar Time!

No comments: