Saturday, October 18, 2008

Rebound

I am feeling much cheerier today. I got some stuff off my chest yesterday. Had really yummy cheeseburgers and fries from Dog N' Burger in Ghent (YUMMMMMMMY!!) and relaxed with Roger last night. I got up ready for the Wine Festival. I did my workout and am getting ready for breakfast before heading downtown. I cannot believe how fortunate I am in my life. I am surrounded constantly by people I love and who love me. Dawn's generosity with this festival for the past 6 years is terrific. She is such a good friend to me, a part of the family. Her son, Josh, is going through some tough times. His step-mom is in the final stages of breast cancer and will be gone before Christmas, it seems. Josh, though not close to her, feels this weight. He needs time away. Roger and I will do what we can. I love Josh like so much and can't stand to see him hurting. I hope the end is not too traumatic for anyone, but particularly Josh.

I'm off to have a great day. It is cool, but dry. It should be a lot of fun, as always.

No comments: