Friday, July 18, 2008

A Day of Lasts

I arrived home to get the mail and saw that my current issue of Real Simple magazine is my last. I have been letting magazine subscriptions go while trying to simplify my life and get rid of recyclables and trash. However, I was reminded of the lasts that are happening today with Roger and I.

Today was the last day I will work for Dawn. It has been six and a half years, but will no longer work at the office. It was easier to leave than I thought, but now I am a bit sad. I know I will miss everyone, but am looking forward to the next step, teaching.

Today is Roger's last day of summer institute. He has only one short exam and is all done with course work. It is great to be on to the next step in life.

I realize these aren't too many lasts, but each ushers in more and more firsts. The cycles in life are interesting and it is wonderful that life continues moving forward. I find comfort in constant change and life's momentum.

No comments: