Friday, June 27, 2008

I'll Miss You Mel!!

In getting ready for Tony's retirement party tonight, it has fully hit me that Melanie is moving. She and I have been friends from even before I moved to Virginia. She is a generous woman who has helped me through a lot. I even lived on her couch for a week or so two years ago. She is a tremendous friend. We may not see each other too often, but catch up at least once a week through emails and phone calls. I am sad to see her move, but really looking forward to visiting her and Tony in Tampa and spending lots of time in her swimming pool. I will miss Melanie very, very much, but know we will keep in touch and remain good, good friends.

Tonight is Tony's retirement party from the Marines. It should be nice, as long as the smoke stays away. Mel and Tony will be joining us at Fran and Jim's for the 4th of July, which will also be a goodbye Mel party for most of us. It will be fun, and a little bit sad. I am glad that Melanie and Fran and Jim will get to meet Elise and Mike and Cassie next week. I like it when my best friends meet my family. I look forward to a good time.

Mel and Tony, you will be missed!!

1 comment:

Andrea Dellit said...

we'll all miss you mel!