Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

One thing everyone I consider a Dad has in common is the love of the game of baseball. I grew up learning to appreciate baseball from my Dad. I watched baseball with both of my Grandpas, Grandpa Helmer and I watched the Cubs, Grandpa Schmid and I watched the Mets. The 1986 World Series is one I remember because while my dad and I were exitedly cheering on the Mets, Grandpa Schmid still said they stink. Even when they won the World Series, the still stunk. Sadly, I've lost both Grandpas, but still think of them whenever I watch baseball.

My father-in-law is a Cubs fan. He also likes the Twins. It is fun to talk to him about baseball when I get a chance. I've been so lucky to have so many "fathers" in my life. I hope they all know how much I have and do appreciate them.

Happy Father's Day to all my "Dads"!!

PS. The Tides do stink!!!! They couldn't even score a run last night. We left the game early, possibly a first for Roger.

2 comments:

Andrea Dellit said...

happy father's day, Al!

Anonymous said...

Being a father is sometimes easy... like now.
Dad