Monday, April 14, 2008

Change

Change can be a good thing. I changed the picture. Cassie will be 7 years old in a couple of weeks. She has changed so much from this picture from a year ago. She is getting tall. I love to talk with her. She has such an interesting way of relaying her story. Last Christmas, she sat and talked with my Mom for a long time while eating her dinner. She is a special little girl. A big change for her will be her new brother or sister in November. I hope she will continue to be as excited as she is right now.

We are changing some travel plans. The Skophammer family was planning a trip to Hawaii for Roger (Sr.) and Roger (Al) upcoming birthdays. In July of 2009, Roger will be 80 and my Roger will be 50. It is a big year. Well, because of many issues, we have decided to scale the plans back...to change them into spending a week or so at a lake in Northern Minnesota. I think that will be fun, less expensive and more people will be able to attend. Sometimes we have to be open to changing our plans.

Two of my friends here are thinking of moving. I will be sad to see them go, but happy they will have found their place. I hope everything works out for them.

Somethings will not change. Roger registered for his last courses today. After this summer, he will have only dissertation classes. He is eager to finish his classes and to get his degree. His dissertation will be a lot of work, but he won't have the distraction of other classes as well. He will likely not have too many distractions from me either. With my taking 2 courses and a thesis class, I will be busy with homework in the fall. Also, I will be teaching my one section of freshman public speaking, which will take up more of my time. I will continue to do research for Dr. Heller. All in all I will have a busy fall semester. This summer will be hectic in May and June, but will ease up a bit after that, at least for school. Elise, Mike and Cassie will be here over the 4th of July which will be terrific. Roger and I can't wait to show them around, introduce Cassie to the ocean.

So while change is inevitable, friends will move away, families will change and vacations will be altered, I embrace the changes. It is easy when you have someone who adores you along for the ride. I can't imagine a life different from this one, this life that constantly changes.

No comments: