Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Reflecting

It is impossible to celebrate this Christmas without thinking of who is not here this year.  It is not just my niece, who will be missed much by all who loved her, but also friends and family who are far away.

My parents are beaching it this Christmas and I am thrilled for them, but I will miss them.  I have friends in Florida, Virginia, Boston, Ohio/Missouri, North Dakota, New Jersey, Iowa and elsewhere...I miss them.  I cannot speak to every one of them in the next couple days; I wish I could.

Last year Roger, RT and I were alone in Boston, but it felt right.  We had a lovely day.  We missed our family and friends, but not like this year.

I find all the Christmas songs I usually love have a sadness to them, that I seemed to ignore in the past.  It is difficult for "the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" to be shrouded in sadness, but such is life this holiday season.  The joy is there and we celebrate it, but it is not alone.

Please hold close to your family and friends. If you are lonely, call me or come on over--anyone is welcome.

My wish for all of us is to have a peaceful holiday with joy and sorrow and to have a better year in 2015.

Love, Peace & Joy

No comments: