Friday, August 3, 2012

Style

Everyone who knows me knows that I don't really have a lot of style.  I guess casual is a style.  I'm not the hoodie and team ball cap wearing slob, nor am I always dressed up.  I just am somewhere in the middle.  And that has worked for me, both in Virginia and North Dakota.  But, here I am in Boston and I'm looking for a job.  And, I am totally styleless and underdressed.  It is difficult for me.  We went to a lovely Cambridge spot for brunch last weekend and I wore capris and a top that I'd wear to brunch anywhere.  And I felt sloppy.  Most of the women were wearing cute dresses and sandals.  People just dress up more here than I am used to.

I've been looking online for my style.  It is not easy.  My body doesn't afford me the luxury of just any style.  I don't want to look and feel frumpy.  I want to feel good about what I wear.  I'm just not sure how to do it.

I have the day to myself tomorrow and am planning a shopping trip.  I am hopeful that I can find a few pieces that work living here.  I did get a couple interview outfits at Macy's before leaving North Dakota and I think they are a great start.  I hope to build on them.

I never realized how much clothes made a difference to me.  I've just been happy with clothes that fit and look okay.  I want more.  I want to look good and feel good in the clothes I own.  I'll get there.  It may be slow, but I'll get there!

No comments: