Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cranky Pants

Damn those molars!  RT has three molars breaking through and he is in pain.  And when one year olds are in pain, they are cranky.  Tylenol helps, but he is just not himself.  We give him teething toys and cold things, which seem to help, but only temporarily.  I wish I could soothe him more.

He's not the only one who's cranky.  Yep, I'm cranky, too.  I don't know exactly why.  Partly because I can't help RT, but there are other things going on as well.  For one, my parents are slowly moving back to Minot.  The cats are going tomorrow and that is a big first step.  I think I am realizing how difficult it is going to be when they no longer have an apartment here.  They have been a tremendous help with RT, but it is more than that.  I was gone for over 10 years and it has just been nice to see them.  We've formed different relationships from the past and they are good ones.  I don't think they'll go away because we are apart, but they will certainly be different.  I will miss dinners and outings, and I admit I'll miss their babysitting.  It's all good.  They will be back in their home and will have had this first year close to RT to cement their relationship.  It's good for me, too.  Roger and I will have to find things to do for the three of us, well, more things as we already do quite a bit. 

I've also been slacking at the gym.  It is hard to bring RT there when he is so cranky.  I need to go and we will have to figure it all out.  Walking has helped, but it is not the same.

There is good news.  RT and I are headed to Auntie Nikki's for a couple days next week.  It will be nice to spend time with her at her house.  I am hoping to see my old friend, Todd.  It has been a long, long time!  The sun has been shining.  The weekend looks gorgeous.  Life is good.  We just need to break out of our cranky pants!

No comments: