Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Our Brave Little Guy

Today RT had tubes put into his ears. While he was sedated, he also underwent a hearing exam. He was wonderful. Except for not being able to eat, he acted pretty much normal. The tubes were in and his hearing test was done so quickly. We were quite surprised when the doctor gave us his report as it seemed like he just went in. Roger and I were able to be with RT when he woke up from anesthesia. He drank most of his bottle and cried some, but we were able to calm him down. I was a wreck! In recovery, I had to sit down with a cold cloth because I thought I might pass out. The nurses were more worried about me than RT.

RT does have hearing loss in his left ear. It is likely pretty mild, but we will have years of testing on that ear. The tubes will help with his ear pain and infections. He will be able to resume swimming lessons next week...only one week will be missed.

After a long nap, RT was up and acting like his normal self, yelling and smiling. It is such a joy to have my son. I love him dearly and hope that these tubes will mean less distress for my little dude.

Roger and RT are napping again now. I think I am too exhausted to sleep. Hopefully, I will get some sleep tonight. I have lots of schoolwork to catch up with.

All in all it was a good day. I am so proud of my brave little dude!

No comments: