Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Big Day

Yesterday was a big day! It was really the last official duty I had as the Bridges Program Coordinator. The rest of this week and next week will be training my replacement, Joy. I think Joy will do a wonderful job. It is a unique program with interesting students. I found my job challenging and fun. I will admit that my pregnancy made it more stressful than it should have been, but it was a good fit. I will miss working with students so closely. Yesterday's orientation and registration session brought some great students that are starting this year. It was such a nice day getting most of the students together for the meeting. And, I enjoyed the cookies and lemonade!

It was a bit strange as I missed RT.

I also found out that I am (unofficially) accepted into the PhD program at NDSU. I will have a part time assistantship, which will pay tuition! I don't know at what capacity, but they require only 10 hours a week, and I can handle that, and so can RT! I am extremely excited to be doctoral bound! I'm nervous about the work, but excited about the academic setting. I do so love school!

So, after a big day yesterday, we have a quiet day today. Cassie is here working on a puzzle. Some family is coming for dinner. Roger will be home for lunch. It is a good summer day!

I'm taking a couple easy days before we leave for the reunion and then return just in time to get ready for school to start...3 weeks from today!! Life is never boring for us and I like it that way. It's a great life!

No comments: