Saturday, July 30, 2011

Thoughts on a Saturday Morning...

RT is bouncing in his chair and smiling and talking to the pig and the chick. We've had a quiet morning while Cassie is upstairs sleeping. RT has had his second and third breakfasts and will hopefully be pretty good until we pick up Roger from the airport.

I have not enjoyed being home without Roger. Cassie's visit has helped, but I miss my husband. It is amazing how attached to people we get...I think it is a good thing. I enjoy having someone to share my life with; not just the big stuff, but the every day and the mundane. I am glad he will be home today.

I am amazed at how much energy a little thing like a baby takes. I feel like I keep running out of energy. I've been walking, but I need to start running again to train for a 10k in October. I hope that after another week of walking, I will be ready to add in some minutes of running.

It is also time to really start watching what we eat. I've dropped all the baby weight plus more, but I'd like to lose a lot more weight overall. I need to start with breakfasts that do not include cupcakes! Next week will be hectic and then vacation, but the following week I will start the diet. I need to start those habits before school starts in a month, anyway.

I am in awe of single mothers who raise more than one child. It has got to be tough! They should get some kind of medal. I never expected motherhood to be easy, but it has been much more difficult than I thought. But, I do love it...every minute of it!

We are headed to Minnesota for the annual Skophammer softball game. I love this family event, but I'm tired and would not mind just staying home this weekend and chilling out. But, we will get to see Nikki and Jon and that will be good. My tendonitis has flared up the past week and I have been in mild pain all the time. I had hoped that would be cured by my moving to North Dakota or by the pregnancy, but no such luck. I guess I'll get some Aleve and hope that helps until winter. It was nice not having the pain while I was pregnant, but not enough to get pregnant again!

Well, I guess I'd better get things moving. Nothing is quick with a baby and a 10-year old girl. Everyone have a great weekend!

No comments: