Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Giggles, Screams and Everything In Between

There is nothing more heart-warming and special than seeing RT smile and giggle. I love to get close to his face and he smiles and coos and tries to speak. I love it. There is nothing like it that I've ever experienced! He is a happy boy...most of the time.

Every once in awhile, RT screams. It is odd and scary. One night he'd been asleep for an hour and screamed for three or four minutes and never really woke up. I was freaked! I did some checking and it seems normal. It is just over-tiredness and growing pains! Also, he'll fall asleep and wake quickly and will screech a little then. He just needs some calming and he's okay pretty quickly. These sounds cause me to panic. It is hard to hear him unhappy and not know what to do to help him. I just try soothing, hugging, changing his diaper, feeding and rocking him. So far, these seem to work.

There are so many other sounds that RT makes. He grunts and snorts. He cries and even bawls. He is wonderful...the light of my life. I would feel so lost without him.

I was never one of those women who loved babies and always wanted one. In fact, for a long time I didn't want a baby. But, then I was around some enchanting kids and babies and my heart longed for a baby of our own. I'm so thankful every day that RT is healthy and was relatively easy for us to have. I love Roger so much and am grateful for his willingness and natural fatherhood and all the love he gives to us every day. I feel like my family is full and happy. I couldn't ask for anything more.

I look forward to RT's next sounds. At the same time, I want him to stop growing so quickly. These two months have flown by; I'm amazed!

Having a baby has changed my life; it is all that much more wonderful!

No comments: