Thursday, November 5, 2009

Unexpected Endings

October did not end as I expected and anticipated. I did not run/walk the Wicked 10K. Instead, Roger and I flew home to Minnesota because Roger's dad was in the hospital. Luckily, he is doing well and on his way home today or tomorrow, but last week, we did not know what was going on. We flew home a week ago and spent the weekend back and forth between the hospital and seeing our grandson, Owen, on his first birthday. The weekend was full of fun surprises, the best being that Roger Sr. was progressing so well.

I missed out on the race and that makes me sad. But, in life, the most important things are family and loved ones. I don't regret the decision to go to Minnesota. I know in my heart it was the right thing to do, and I like to do what is right in my heart.

I'm looking forward to a quiet November.

No comments: