Monday, November 9, 2009

Holiday Season

This year, for some reason, I am more excited about the holidays than I have been in recent years. Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays and I think this year will be nice. Roger and I will probably have a quiet dinner and relax with some holiday movies. I've talked Roger into a Christmas tree this year (it did not take much convincing) and with our busy travel times in December, we'll likely decorate it on Thanksgiving, too.

I'm hosting a small cocktail party for ladies only the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. It will be nice to have some food and drinks with some friends before the holidays get hectic. It has been a long time since I've hosted any kind of party at my place and I am quite excited. I used to be pretty good at it. I've been searching my stash of cookbooks (mostly Barefoot Contessa) for the perfect mix of vegetarian, dairy-free, gluten-free and delicious recipes. I think I've got it! I'm also making pomegranate cosmos, along with wine and beer and non-alcoholic drinks. I get more excited each time I think about the party. I'm hoping for a nice turnout, but will have a great time if only a few women come over.

I also am looking forward to chic night at my sister-in-law, Gwen's house in December. I think it will be fun hanging out with the female Skophammer's. They are always good for some laughs and good times. I'm bringing some Virginia white wine and making crab dip. I love being a part of such a wonderful family. Marriage has brought me so many unexpected and lovely treats in life.

Then, of course, it will be Christmastime. I'll leave all that for another post. After 38 years, I still get sooooo excited about everything Christmas. It makes my parents and my husband laugh, but I am so happy to share it with them every year.

Bring on the holidays!!!

No comments: