Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Finally...School Starts

I am finally starting school today. Having the extra week was good, but I get bored and then distracted from my goals. I did not get as much work done on my thesis as I wanted, but am catching up fairly quickly.

I only have two classes, both at night. On Tuesday from 7 to 10 p.m. I have Writing Research and on Thursday from 4 to 7 p.m. I have Literary Theory. In writing my thesis, I wish I had taken these classes last year, but live and learn.

I am not teaching this semester. I miss it. I have seen my teacher friends on Facebook discussing their trials in preparing and I feel I am missing out. I will get there soon enough, and probably need the time to finish my stuff so I can graduate in May, on time with thesis published. I just feel nostalgic for teaching.

I will be researching for Dr. Heller again. In fact, I have a meeting with her in a couple of hours. I am hoping there will be enough work to be interesting and not too much work to interfere with my own work. It has been great to have this assistantship for the past two years. I am thankful she had the faith in me. I look forward to finishing this chapter at ODU as well.

So, it is cloudy and gray and I am in a wistful, melancholy mood. Hopefully that will lighten with academic interaction.

No comments: