Thursday, October 23, 2008

Internal Inventory

I was cruising some blogs and found one by an aspiring Life Coach. I don't know this woman, but felt she was speaking directly to me. She discussed the need to analyze the things that we tolerate. It seems that if we can get out of things that we tolerate, not enjoy, our lives will be happier. This reinforces some of the decisions I have made recently in my life. It's good to know I'm not alone in these types of endeavors. I'm grateful for the words of that blogger.

I've been taking a personal internal inventory. Looking at objects, relationships and even favorite places, has forced me to take a look at things that I tolerate, for whatever reason. Whether loyalty, convenience or just habit, sometimes it's time to shake things up. Cut out the pizza place that has either burned or left uncooked, really search for whether or not to find something new, those are the things I've been pondering. If something is not right, it's time to let go (if you can, of course there are some things we tolerate that we cannot get rid of). I have found it's best to rip it off quickly like a bandaid. Stretching it out only makes it harder.

So, if you are doing your own internal inventory, good luck. Sometimes it isn't easy, but it sure is rewarding once it's done.

No comments: