Friday, October 31, 2008

Being a Grandma

I am still reeling in the joy of Owen's birth. I cannot believe how exciting it is. I know Roger is sad that we are so far away, and today I feel sad as well. I would love to be visiting Elise at the hospital today and holding baby Owen and taking Cassie Trick or Treating tonight, but I cannot. This is really the first time I have felt too far away. In the past, I've liked the distance. I think living far away made my relationship with Roger so strong as we just had us to work on and not to have family over all the time. Don't get me wrong, I love all the family. And often I miss being able to hang out with Roger 1 and my nephews and of course Elise and Mike and Cassie, but I have just never felt this pull to be there until today. Roger is so proud of Elise and so grateful to Mike for being such good support. I just want to hold my grandson. And I am overjoyed that Owen will always think of me as Grandma. Cassie has adjusted great, but with Owen there will be no adjustment, forever I will be Grandma, and that warms my heart.

So, we may not be able to be with Cassie tonight, so we are heading to Dawn and Josh's for a little Halloween celebration, complete with Indian food. It will be nice to spend some time with some family.

Yeah, I have a grandson!!

No comments: