Monday, September 8, 2008

Ponderings

I woke up in the middle of the night after a nightmare, which is too scary to discuss, only to wonder if I am a good teacher or not. I was even more frightened.

I wonder if my students are learning anything. I wonder if they like me. I know I am learning a lot from teaching. Am I good at it? I just don't know. I enjoy it, but do not enjoy the anxious moments of fright in the middle of the night.

How do I know if I have made the right decisions regarding my future career? I just have to find the faith in myself and the belief that I am a good teacher. Hopefully, the students will agree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah... Welcome to the world of teacher insomnia. You will come to learn that sleep patterns will change, but you will never lose the nightmares. Lost sleep means you care and your students will understand that. I still have nightmares, and I have only 31 years experience.
Good luck and good night
Dad