Saturday, August 23, 2008

Goodbye to Summer

Roger and I hit the beach yesterday afternoon for a short time. The waves were too big and crashed too hard. It took a lot of work to get out there and ride any. But, we got some sun and that was nice.

We then went to our last Tides baseball game of the year. They finish next weekend, but we'll be in Minnesota. The game ended up being pretty good, but the Tides could not pull it off. They had runners at second and third, the tying and winning runs, with 1 out, and left them standing. Some of these boys really stink (as my Grandpa Schmid would say). It was fun none the less.

We are heading to the Duct Tape Regatta today with Jennie. It is a fundraiser for the Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters, our local children's hospital (which is a really good one). Jennie is on a fund-raising committee and we want to support her. I hear there is boat building out of cardboard and duct tape (duh!) and meat and beer. It should be a beautiful sunny day in the low 80's, what could be better?

Tomorrow is Doug's going away party at Fran and Jim's. The food will be good, the company better, but the reason for the party sucks. I'm sure we will all have a great time.

I have more pictures of vacation to post. Maybe I should start a Flickr account for everyone to view the pictures, all the pictures, whenever they want. I'll get on that when I have free time again, maybe next fall!

Our last weekend of summer. School starts Monday. We both teach on Monday. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

jessica said...

I'll be thinking of you come Monday. Have fun with your freshmen :)

jessica said...

I'll be thinking of you come Monday. Have fun with your freshmen :)