Friday, August 3, 2007

Why only in tragedy?

Why is it that it takes a tragedy, such as the bridge collapsing in Minneapolis, to make me rethink priorities and want to tell everyone how I feel about them?

Surely, the bridge collapse was horrific and tragic. Thankfully, Roger spoke directly with everyone who was important to him by 9 pm our time. However, I did not hear from my sister until 2 hours later. I was wracked with worry. I cried. I ate ice cream, then felt guilty for eating ice cream. Thankfully, she was sitting in a basement comedy club, just fine. I was so relieved when first I spoke with Mom, but especially when I received the text message from Nikki, herself. Thanks to her friends, Mom and Dad, Gwen and Elise for comfort and aid. I am just thankful that all I love is safe and that I am getting ever closer to my in-laws. I just want them to know that I care about them all the time, not just during tragic events.

Roger and I discussed our future and realized that we are living each day as well as we can. Life is too short to stay at a job which isn't perfect. I feel more resolved and more eager to leave Dr. Kerner's office for my new endeavor. It will be fun and exciting. I refuse to look back on my life and feel that any day was wasted doing things that aren't what make me happy. With Roger and the support of both of our families, we are able to live our dreams out now and NOT wait for happiness in the future. There may be no future, so be happy today (my new motto, along with Love the Life you Live; Live the Life you Love), we may not get the chance tomorrow.

No comments: