Friday, December 26, 2014

Pondering Themes and Goals for 2015

I was reading last year's end of year post.  I had a plan to make 2014 a year of gratitude.  I think I accomplished that.  I often thought and expressed my gratitude.  I was conscious of how grateful I have been for everything in my life.  It was hard a few times, but even in the darkest times in October, I was grateful for so much.  In 2014, I was most grateful for moving back to Minnesota.  I was reluctant, but now believe it was the best decision our family could make.  I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else this fall/winter.

As I begin to think of the year ahead, I have many goals.  I have personal goals, family goals, and career goals.  I am beginning to write them down and find ways to accomplish them.  I met some of my last year's goals and missed others.  I don't give up.

My holiday season of JOY will be extended into 2015.  I think the theme for the year will be joy and nice.  I find it useless to get angry.  There are many things I don't like.  It does no good for me to dwell on them.  I change what I can, purge what I can, and I will have to learn to make the best of the things I cannot purge.  I might as well approach all of life with the spirit of joy and the attitude of nice.  I'm sure I will fail at times, but if I keep it in my mind, in my heart, I will be able to spread the joy and the nice.

Joy and nice...why not?

No comments: