Monday, June 18, 2012

My Brain, the Bubble Maker

Lately, I have had so many thoughts enter my brain, only to disappear.  It feels like RT's bubble machine in the bathtub.  The bubbles keep coming, but they also keep popping.  Here are some of the bubbles that have been in my brain.

We bought our tickets to Virginia.  We are going to my good, good friend Dawn's wedding on July 3rd in Norfolk.  I am so excited that we are all able to attend.  In planning the trip, we are counted as family and that makes me feel good.  It has been hard to leave Virginia and all my friends, but it will be good to go back and for a whole week!  I can't wait to catch up with other friends, the Schriders, the Goddesses and a few others. 


Roger and I went to see Rock of Ages on Saturday.  Roger went because we had a sitter and it was a date; I went for the music and the actors.  I loved it.  It was by no means a great film, but it was fun.  And the music took me back to my high school days.  I told Roger that if there were a soundtrack to my life, some of those songs would be played.  He laughed.  I'm pretty sure he disliked the film, but as always, my love is a good sport and supports me in whatever, even crappy movies!

When Tom Cruise played "Pour Some Sugar on Me," I couldn't help thinking of the Def Leppard concert with Nikki and Jane.  What a fun time.  We sang the whole way home.

When Poison's "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" was sung by the leads, I thought of couples that made that their song.  It is about a relationship that is doomed and ends.  Why would any couple choose that song?  I will never understand those kind of choices.  But, to each his or her own.

I'm starting the Mayo Clinic Diet.  I was going to start today, but I had to get up at 4 to take Roger to the airport and our day is a mess and I am exhausted.  I am taking RT to the park with Auntie Karen for some outdoor and active time, but I just can't get myself to the gym.  And I still have to buy the load of veggies and fruit for the diet.  So, tomorrow is a good day to start.  Hopefully, I will feel more rested.

Roger and I were at Mom and Dad's apartment yesterday to help out.  I did put some books in a box, but most of my helping was keeping RT out of trouble.  Roger and Mom loaded the car.  Mom has the place about packed up.  Roger went last week to Minot to help with the floors and is headed there again after he returns from Boston.  I'm so happy that Mom and Dad are getting their home back together.  I look forward to the end of their stress in all of this.  I'm sure they want that end even more!  I think they will settle back into Minot with their friends in no time.  I am happy for them.

I am starting to look for work in the fall.  I am hoping to return to teaching.  I have loved being a stay-at-home Mom, but I am ready for work again...as is our bank accounts!  I am hoping for a good part time job that gives us some extra cash for vacations and stuff.  Also, I will eventually run out of hand me down clothes for RT and will need to shop for them! 

RT is at such a sweet age.  I love watching him grow and change.  He is so close to talking and walking.  I'm excited and scared about it all.  It happens so fast.  One day he will just walk...I do so hope Roger and I are both here to see it! 

In all the things I have done in my life, becoming a mother is by far the one I am most proud of.  I think I am a good Mom and I have a great son.  And Roger is a wonderful partner in parenting.  If only all fathers were this involved.

Also, with Roger's traveling, I have realized the secret to being a single mother...No Sleep!!  Ugh!

Well, there's more...baseball, the beach, vacations, holidays, cars, pedicures, workouts...life stuff!  I guess, my brain will never get rest!  Oh well...

No comments: