Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spring Break

We are on spring break for the next week. I only go to school for 6 hours a week, so it doesn't mean as much to me as to Roger, who doesn't have to teach every day for the week. We don't have too much exciting stuff planned. I will be working for Dr. Heller and writing, mixed in with some sorting of stuff. Roger has some writing to do, but will mostly be starting to pack up the apartment. We are out in just 7 weeks. Yikes! We don't know where we are going, but we will be living this dump.

Last night we watched Changeling, the Angelina Jolie film from last year about Los Angeles in the 1920s and 30s with the police (violent police). It was a good film and not at all what we expected. There was a pretty large twist in the film that neither Roger or I saw coming. I didn't think Jolie's performance was Oscar worthy (she lost to Kate Winslet), but the film was great, and the costumes and art design were terrific. It could well have been filmed in Pasadena in the early part of the 20th century. Even the Universal Studios logo opening the film was from the 20s. Fun.

We are planning to go to the beach tomorrow. I for sure will not be going in the water, and I doubt Roger will either. It will be nice to walk along the ocean in the near 80 degree weather. I am enjoying a bit of spring fever. We'll probably catch a couple movies next week as well. Week nights are not crowded and we can enjoy the films better with less talking and texting.

So, I guess that is about it. It is nice to finally be on spring break, but it means the end of the semester is getting very close!

No comments: