Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I love St. Patrick's Day. I have class from 7 to 10 tonight, so we won't be doing much celebrating, but we have a Guiness and a Harp for when I get home. We are making Reuben's and potatoes for dinner. I'm a quarter Irish and have fun celebrating, and since it involves beer, all the better!

I have sent the third draft of the introduction to my thesis to Avi today. I have written chapter 1, three times. I am kind of scared to try again, but I am also a bit more confident than when I wrote that first draft. I hope my writing is improving. I feel it is stronger. I think when I complete this process, I will have learned a lot. And after a vacation in Hawaii, I may even be able to appreciate the education.

Roger defends his dissertation in two days. I am quite confident that he will pass with flying colors and from then on be Dr. Roger Skophammer. It has been exciting to share this experience with him. As soon as he has a job, we will be set. Until then, we cannot make many plans. Not making plans is really difficult for me. I am a planner. I love to have it all laid out and ready to go. When we are waiting for offers and news and schools to be in touch, I can't make the plans. I am learning a lesson in going with the flow, and I think I like it. I'll try it out for sure in Hawaii. I don't have any time to make any plans, that's what sisters-in-law are for, right?

I am tired of wet sidewalks and cloudy skies. I hear the sun is supposed to shine tomorrow...we will see.

Well off to start reading for my two classes. I'll be glad to be done with this semester. I say that every semester, then long for the previous one and the chance to do it better. Ah, such is life, sometimes!

No comments: