Monday, November 10, 2008

Favorite Holidays

Fall and winter usher in my favorite holidays. I know everybody likes Christmas, and I do, too. I love the Christmas trees and the lights and the cheerful spirit that seems to hang in the air. The past few years of Christmases have been full of adventure and a lot of fun. This year promises to be more of the same. Roger will be spending Christmas in Minot with us Schmid's this year. While this isn't easy, he has rarely spent a Christmas Eve away from his parents and siblings, this is the year for a change. Elise will be taking the family to Wisconsin to share the holiday with Mike's family, and without them, it was the perfect time for me to pounce. I know Gwen and Trish and Papa are probably disappointed, but we will be in the cities for two full weeks and will have oodles of time to spend with all the Skophammers, young and old. I am looking forward to a quiet holiday in Minot, showing Roger some of my favorite places and introducing him to some of my favorite people. I can't wait for him to meet my step-grandma, Olga. She is a special woman and I dearly love her. She will be so happy to meet someone who has brought so much joy to my life.

But, back to the other holiday, my real favorite, Thanksgiving. I have cooked Thanksgiving dinners for 10 years and love it every year. This year will be just Roger and I and I can't think of a more special holiday. We will have all the gluten-free fixings we can eat. While I wish we could be in Minnesota with Owen and the rest of the family, I will enjoy the quiet joy of the holiday with Roger. We have many, many things to be thankful for and it will be fun to talk about those joys on that day. So many changes have happened over the past couple of years, and there are so many more in the future, that we cannot help but be thankful for having each other and such terrific family and friends. We are hoping to get out for some fun with Jennie and Jack, as Pete has to go to Orlando for work the Friday after Thanksgiving. It will be such a treat to not have classes for a few days as well.

So, in playing with the backgrounds for this blog, I found this fun Thanksgiving background. It reminds me of a chalkboard. I am sure many more changes to this blog, as well as our lives will continue as time rolls on.

Happy Holiday Season Everybody!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the music and lights in Christmas. I love being able to get together with friends and family and just appreciate each other. All though I have to say that I think we should all want to get together and make more of an effort when possible. I think we should all celebrate everyday as though it is Christmas. I think Christmas is great and it makes me feel all fuzzy and warm on the inside.
-------------------
Jbsjohn

Interaction