Saturday, May 26, 2007

Trip to Minneapolis

Well after getting up at 2:50 a.m. yesterday (thanks Mike!), we made it safely to Minnesota before 10 a.m. I went straight to my sister-in-law, Gwen's salon, Hair Unlimited. I got that much needed haircut and color and now have beautiful hair. Roger (Al to his family) and I checked out the location for our wedding in August and have a good plan as to where we will all gather at the Japanese Gardens. It is a beautiful location. We took a much needed nap. Then after driving around Shakopee for too long, we met Elise, Cassie & Mike for Shrek the Third. That was great fun, although I doubt Cassie understood most of the adult humor. We took off straight from the movie to Canterbury Downs the horse racing track. We met up with family for Gwen's birthday. Neither Roger or I had ever been to horse races before, but are always up for something new. We had fun watching the race, listening to 80's music and visiting and catching up. I enjoyed seeing Trish, Roger's other sister. And of course, I always relish time with my father-in-law Roger I. Today, we meet up with my family for shopping. Tonight I will meet my sister's boyfriend and my family will eat at Buca with Roger's dad (Roger I) and Elise and Cassie. It should be great fun. Tomorrow is the shower with Roger's sisters and sister-in-law, Dawn. The boys get to see Twins baseball. Tomorrow evening Roger and I plan to hang out and have a small bit of downtime. Then, on Monday, we will be enjoying the Skophammer softball game and spending time with almost all of the Skophammer family, whew! I'll be ready for the quiet drive back after all of the excitement around here. I will post pictures when I get a chance.

No comments: